6 people made this
About this recipe:
Pretty chocolate cupcakes with vanilla icing, that sit on an Oreo® base. Delicious and nice to look at.
Makes: 12 cupcakes
125g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
200g granulated sugar
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
120ml reduced fat buttermilk
For the icing
1 tub vanilla icing
- Preheat oven to 170 C / Gas 3. Line a 12 hole cupcake tin with paper cases.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, bicarb and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar, and gradually beat in the slightly softened butter.
- Combine the two mixtures gradually, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in the buttermilk and beat until smooth. Add the milk to thin the mixture slightly.
- Take the tops off the Oreos®, and place a side with the filling, filling side up, in a paper cupcake case. Top with the cake mixture. Repeat with 11 more cases.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes. Allow the cupcakes to cool before adding the icing.
- Once cool, spread the vanilla icing over each cupcake. Add sprinkles. Split the remaining Oreo® sides in half, and place on top
Easy to make light sponge recipie, I made the vanilla ones
- 26 Mar 2015
Cant wait to try it!!
- 21 Oct 2014
These are amazing & easy to make..... A huge hit in out house..... The only thing I changed was that I dipped the Oreos in white chocolate & sprinkles for the top 😋😋😋
- 15 Oct 2015
Write a review
Click on stars to rate