Be the first to make this!
About this recipe:
Very delightful and very light old-fashioned lemon pudding that I've been making as a dessert for decades!
50g (2 oz) butter or margarine
110g (4 oz) caster sugar
2 lemons, juiced and zested
2 eggs, separated
50g (2 oz) plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Cream the fat and sugar together and add finely grated lemon zest and the lemon juice.
- Beat in the egg yolks and add the flour and milk alternately and mix well.
- Whisk the egg whites until quite stiff and fold them into the mixture.
- Pour into a well greased dish, stand this in a pan of water and steam/bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate