1 / 1 Picture by: LottieRainbow
Oven baked rosemary and bacon potato rosti
LottieRainbow Buckinghamshire, England, UK
- 2 or 3 rashers streaky bacon
- 750g waxy potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- Handful of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 or 2 tablespoons butter for greasing and topping
Prep:15min › Cook:1hr10min › Ready in:1hr25min
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5. Grease a loose-bottomed cake tin with butter.
- Dry fry or grill the bacon until crispy; set aside. Cut into pieces once it has cooled.
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with salted water. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes; drain and place in cold water. When cool enough to handle, grate the potatoes into a large bowl, occasionally drizzling with olive oil. Mix in the bacon and finely choppped onion.
- Grease a loose-bottomed cake tin with butter. Scatter the potato mixture into the prepared cake tin (do not pack down). Sprinkle with rosemary, Parmesan cheese and top with little pieces of butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the potatoes are cooked through and crisp on top, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
See it on my blog
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!