1 / 1 Picture by: gnoshers
- 500g fresh whole beetroot
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- knob of butter
- 1 large onion , finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove , finely chopped
- 500g risotto rice
- 600ml of hot vegetable stock
- 250ml white wine
- G’NOSH Beetroot & Mint dip
- Handful of grated Parmesan
- 1 handful chopped flat parsley
Prep:15min › Cook:25min › Ready in:40min
- Peel and dice the whole fresh beetroot into quarter wedges. Roast on 175 C / Gas 4 for 20 minutes.
- When beetroot are cooked, dice into small 1cm cubes.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and cook the onion until softened, together with garlic. Add in the risotto rice and stir until well coated and avoid rice sticking to pot.
- Pour over the wine and cook, stirring until almost fully absorbed. Add a ladleful of the stock to the rice and once again, stir until almost fully absorbed.
- Continue adding the stock, a ladleful at a time, until the rice is tender and creamy. You may not need all of the stock.
- Stir through a tub of G’NOSH Beetroot & Mint dip. This gives a further depth in colour, richness in flavor and a kick.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the grated Parmesan and flat parsley, gently stirring to mix through.
Serve on a white plate. Add dollop of soured cream or crème fraiche on the top with cracked pepper. You may want to sprinkle some more Parmesan or even crumble some goat cheese on top.
See it on my blog
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!