3 people made this
About this recipe:
This no-bake cheesecake with coffee and coffee liqueur tastes rich and delicious, and picks you up to boot!
50g (2 oz) butter
170g (6 oz) finely crushed gingernut biscuits
1 tablespoon powdered gelatine
3 tablespoons water
4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
3 tablespoons coffee-flavoured liqueur
300ml (½ pt) boiling water
140g (5 oz) soft brown sugar
450g (1 lb) full fat soft cheese
280ml (10 fl oz) whipping cream
coffee beans to decorate
Extra time:5hr chilling ›
- Lightly butter an 20cm (8 in) loose-bottomed deep cake tin.
- Melt the butter in a pan and stir in the biscuit crumbs. Press firmly into the base of the tin. Cover and place in the fridge until well chilled.
- Sprinkle gelatine over 3 tablespoons water. Leave to soak.
- Stir the instant coffee and coffee liqueur into 300ml boiling water. Add the soaked gelatine, stirring until dissolved. Stir in brown sugar.
- In a blender, whirl the coffee mixture and soft cheese until just smooth.
- Lightly whip the cream until softly stiff and fold the cheese mixture into half of it. Turn into the prepared tin. Chill to set.
- When set remove from the tin and decorate with remaining cream and coffee beans.
- Before serving allow to soften at room temperature.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate