3 people made this
About this recipe:
The Italian biscuit is made with nuts and dried fruit, then baked in caramel and then dipped in chocolate. Who can resist?
Makes: 40 florentines
100g (3 1/2 oz) butter or margarine
110g (4 oz) caster sugar
110g (4 oz) mix of walnuts and almonds, chopped
30g (1 oz) sultanas, chopped
30g (1 oz) glace cherries, chopped
30g (1 oz) mixed peel, chopped
1 tablespoon whipping or double cream
20g (3/4 oz) plain flour
110g (4 oz) plain chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Line some baking trays with rice paper.
- Melt butter, add the sugar and dissolve, then boil gently for 1 minute.
- Add all the other ingredients except the chocolate and mix well. Cool slightly.
- Spoon the mixture in small, well-shaped heaps onto the baking trays about 8-10cm apart and bake for about 12 minutes in the centre of the oven until golden brown. Remove and cool.
- When cooled, spread the backs with melted chocolate.
Instead of glace cherries and mixed peel, you can also use 50g (2 oz) chopped glace fruit.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate