2 people made this
About this recipe:
This is a Swiss roll with pumpkin sponge and a cream cheese filling. It looks and tastes just wonderful. A recipe from Mrs Harrington.
Makes: 1 pumpkin roll
3 large eggs
170g stewed pumpkin, mashed and cooled
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
120g finely chopped walnuts
120g icing sugar
170g (6 oz) cream cheese
4 tablespoons margarine
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Extra time:1hr chilling ›
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5.
- Beat eggs on high speed for five minutes. Gradually beat in sugar and stir in the pumpkin and lemon juice. In another bowl mix together the dry ingredients and fold into cake mixture.
- Line a greased Swiss roll tin (40x25x2.5cm) with baking parchment then grease the parchment. Spread the cake mixture evenly in the tin and sprinkle with the chopped walnuts.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Turn out on to a tea towel dusted with icing sugar. Remove the parchment and starting at the narrow side of the cake, roll up the cloth and cake together and leave to cool.
- Whip all ingredients for the filling together, until well combined.
- Unroll sponge when cool and spread with the filling, then back roll up. Chill finished roll before serving. This freezes very well.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate