2 people made this
About this recipe:
A creamy and filling vegetarian main course or side dish with sweetcorn, mushrooms, eggs and cheese.
55g (2 oz) butter
1 small onion, chopped
55g (2 oz) mushrooms, chopped
55g (2 oz) plain flour
300ml (1/2 pt) milk
salt and pepper, to taste
1 small tin whole kernel sweetcorn, drained
225g (8 oz) grated Cheddar cheese
2 eggs, separated
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a 20cm (8 in) ovenproof dish.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add onion and mushrooms and cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Add milk gradually and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Season.
- Remove from the heat. Add the sweetcorn, half the cheese and add egg yolks. Mix well.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff then stir into the sweetcorn mixture. Pour mixture into the prepared dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the top is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate