2 people made this
About this recipe:
Fried flat mushrooms with a topping of chopped pepper, chopped onion and grated mozzarella. Lovely as part of a casual dinner.
2 large flat mushrooms
1 tablsepoon butter
110g grated mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon finely chopped pepper
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- Pan fry the mushrooms with butter.
- Blanch the pepper and onion in boiling water until they soften.
- Place the mushrooms under the grill, bottom side up, using this also as an opportunity to tip the excess fat from the mushrooms.
- Add the pepper and onion to some grated mozzarella with about 10% of the mix being pepper and onion.
- Remove the mushrooms from the grill, place them on some baking foil and add the topping to the mushrooms, as little mounds on top of them.
- Return the topped mushrooms to the grill (still on the foil) and cook until the cheese is melted and golden, them serve!
Write a review
Click on stars to rate