1 / 1 Picture by:
- 25g (1 oz) plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 700g (1 1/2 lb) diced pork leg or shoulder
- 25g (1 oz) dripping or lard
- 110g (4 oz) button mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (400g) tin tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco® sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
Prep:15min › Cook:2hr › Ready in:2hr15min
- Preheat the oven to 160 C / Gas 3.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, seasoning and ground ginger. Roll the pork in the flour mixture to coat.
- In a large frying pan over a high heat, melt the dripping or lard and fry the pork quickly on all sides until browned. Transfer the pork to a 1.5L (2 1/2 pt) casserole dish.
- In the same pan, cook and stir the mushrooms and garlic until they begin to sweat. Add the tomatoes, sauces, sugar, vinegar and bay leaf. Heat through and then pour into the casserole dish with the pork. Cover.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 2 hours until the pork is tender. Before serving, remove the bay leaf and adjust seasoning if desired.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!