4 people made this
About this recipe:
Yummy and delicious eclairs with melted chocolate on top. You can fill with whipped cream as suggested, or with vanilla or chocolate pastry cream.
55g (2 oz) butter
150ml (1/4 pt) water
1 pinch of salt
80g (3 oz) self-raising flour
2 large eggs
- Bring water, butter and salt slowly to the boil. Once boiling, immediately add all the flour. Beat vigorously till the mixture comes away from the sides of the pan. Remove from heat and cool.
- Once cool, beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Using half inch plain piping tube, pipe onto a greased baking tray in even lengths.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 200 C / Gas 6 for 20 to 30 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- When cool slit the eclairs and fill it with whipped cream and serve with melted chocolate on top. Serve chilled.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate