1 person made this
About this recipe:
This French cheese pastry is delicious hot or cold. Enjoy as part of a buffet or as a starter, or simply on its own!
50g (2 oz) butter
300ml (1/2 pt) milk
salt and pepper
100g (4 oz) flour
75g (3 oz) Gruyere cheese, diced
Extra time:45min cooling ›
- Cut butter into small bits, put it in the milk with 1 teaspoon salt and a little pepper and bring quickly to the boil. Pour sifted flour in, all at once. Stir until thick paste is obtained.
- Remove from heat, stir eggs in one at a time. When paste is shiny and smooth, add diced cheese but reserve 1 dessertspoon. Allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5.
- Butter a baking tray. Spoon choux mixture onto tray in a thick circle. Scatter remaining cheese on top. Brush with milk.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes. Enjoy hot or cold.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate