1 / 1 Picture by: Krenzlich
- For the quenelles
- 100ml water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 75g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 250g boneless, skinless salmon fillet, cut into strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons single cream
- 1L fish stock
- For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 glass white wine
- cornflour, to thicken sauce
- 25g blue cheese, crumbled
Prep:30min › Cook:30min › Ready in:1hr
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- In a small saucepan heat the 100ml water, salt and butter. As soon as the butter is melted, remove from the heat and stir in the flour with a wooden spoon. Return to the heat and cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly, until the pastry comes together.
- Remove from the heat, let it cool some and then vigorously stir in the egg and egg white with a whisk, until mixture is smooth. Set aside and let cool completely.
- Place salmon, salt, pepper and single cream in a food processor, cover and process until smooth. Add the fish mixture to the pastry and mix well.
- Bring the fish stock to the boil. Turn down the heat, until the stock comes to a light simmer. Dip two dessertspoons into cold water and form the salmon mixture into oblong dumplings. Place them directly into the stock and poach for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a small saucepan and cook and stir shallot until soft. Ladle in some hot fish stock and pour in the white wine. Boil for a few minutes, until the sauce reduces slightly. Whisk in the cornflour and simmer, until sauce is thickened.
- Set a cooling rack on top of a baking tray. Remove the quenelles from the stock with a slotted spoon and place on top of the rack.
- Ladle some of the sauce into a casserole dish and lay quenelles on top.
- Pour over the remaining sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven until cheese is melted.
For the quenelles:
For the sauce:
Serve with brioche or a crusty baguette.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!