3 people made this
About this recipe:
A quick and tasty snack my Grannie use to make me 50 years ago. This will work just as well with vegetable oil.
1 knob of lard
1 slice of Scottish plain bread
1 large egg
- Heat lard or oil in frying pan until reasonably hot.
- Make a 30mm hole in the centre of the bread and place in hot pan.
- Crack egg into the hole in the bread and fry until bread is slightly golden, about 1 minute.
- Then turn bread over and cook other side for about thirty seconds.
- Place on a plate and add a dollop of brown or fruity sauce.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate