1 / 3
63 people made this
About this recipe:
A fantastic recipe to make after a family blueberry picking outing. Enjoy warm or cold with cream and jam.
260g plain flour
65g caster sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 pinch salt
85g butter, chilled
1 tablespoon plain flour
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg, lightly beaten for glaze
- Pre-heat oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Grease a baking tray or line with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl mix together the 260g flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Rub in butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix blueberries with the 1 tablespoon flour to avoid sticking. Fold into the butter mixture.
- In a separate bowl whisk together 1 egg, vanilla extract and milk. Add to the dough and quickly mix together. Be careful not to crush the blueberries.
- Divide the dough into 8 scones and place on the prepared baking tray. Leave a generous amount of space between the scones. Brush the scones with beaten egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes until the scones are golden. Place on a cooling rack to cool.
Scones came out very well. I didnt add 1 tablespoon of baking powder. Reduced the amount a little bit and no vanilla essence. The whole family enjoyed it.
- 28 Jan 2014
It was too salty and yes I followed the recipe. Also, more like muffin than scone. Disappointed.
- 26 Jul 2015
These were lovely but I'd say they need a bit less milk, about 100ml was fine and they needed longer to cook too, more like 25mins. Delicious though
- 08 Jun 2015
Write a review
Click on stars to rate