6 people made this
About this recipe:
A mixture of haggis, sausage meat and herbs cooked together with soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and red wine. Great for burns night.
4 spring onions
25ml red wine
1 teaspoon dried marjoram
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
450g (1 lb) sausagemeat
450g (1 lb) haggis
2 stems fresh dill
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven at 180 C / Gas 4.
- Roughly chop the spring onions and place into a mixing bowl with the red wine, marjoram, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce and mix.
- Add the sausage meat to the ingredients in the bowl an mix. Add haggis and eggs into the mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Finely chop the dill and stir into the mixture as well.
- Bake in a bread tin for 60 to 75 minutes, turning half way through.
You can serve this as a starter, but I had mine as a main dish with creamy mash and a carmelised onion gravy.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate