1 / 1 Picture by: Norma MacMillan
Oat-crusted mackerel fillets with orange and mustard
- 2 oranges
- 140 g (5 oz) medium oatmeal
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 8 small mackerel fillets, about 75 g (2½ oz) each
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten with a fork
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Prep:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F, gas mark 7). Finely grate the zest from one of the oranges. Cut away all the peel and white pith from both the oranges, then cut out the segments from the surrounding membrane. Set the orange segments aside.
- Mix together the oatmeal, mustard, orange zest, and salt and pepper to taste on a plate, stirring to incorporate the mustard evenly.
- Brush each mackerel fillet with egg white, then press into the oatmeal mixture to coat thoroughly on both sides. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish, until it flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve hot, topped with the orange segments.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!