1 person made this
About this recipe:
If you enjoy eating whitebait with lemon and bread and butter, you will love this recipe. It is easy and makes a really filling meal at all times - breakfast, lunch or dinner.
1 teaspoon butter
1/4 onion, finely diced
1 small clove of garlic, crushed
salt and pepper to taste
finely chopped fresh herbs, i.e. parsley, lemon thyme, etc.
lemon juice, to serve
- Melt butter in a small frying pan at moderate heat. Add onion and saute until soft and transparent (not brown).
- Now add the whitebait and garlic and toss over the heat gently until the fish is cooked.
- Add the 3 beaten eggs, salt and pepper, and some of the herbs.
- Cook quickly, moving continuously with a fork until lightly set, then remove from the heat.
- Place the omelette on a plate and sprinkle with lemon juice, then fold over in half. Sprinkle with freshly chopped herbs, salt and pepper.
This is very filling, so if you only want a snack then cut it in half and share.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate