1 / 1 Picture by: MarshaLouise
Makes: 18 fairy cakes
- 125g (4oz) self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 125g (4oz) caster sugar
- 125g (4oz) unsalted butter, very soft
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 - 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g (8oz) icing sugar
- Sweets, sprinkles or coloured sugar
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Extra time:1hr cooling › Ready in:1hr30min
- Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan oven) mark 6. Put paper cases into 18 0f the holes in two bun tins.
- Put flour, baking powder, sugar, butter, eggs, milk and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl and beat with a hand-held electric whisk, or manual whisk until the mixture is pale and very soft. Half-fill each paper case with the cake mixture.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes until golden. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- Put the icing sugar into a bowl and gradually blend in warm water until the icing is fairly stiff, but spreadable. Add a couple of drops of food colouring if you like.
- When the cakes are cold, spread the tops with the icing and decorate. Leave to set, then enjoy!
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!