Roasted red pepper and carrot soup
- 4 to 5 large red peppers, de-seeded and chopped
- olive oil
- 3 to 4 red onions, chopped
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 to 4 red chillies, de-seeded and chopped
- 8 to 10 medium carrots, diced
- 900ml (1 1/2 pt) vegetable stock
- salt and black pepper, to taste
Prep:15min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hr
- Toss peppers with some olive oil and place on a baking tray.
- Roast peppers in the oven at 200 C / Gas 6 for 25 minutes, or until soft and starting to char.
- Meanwhile, warm a little olive oil in a large saucepan over a low heat. Add onions and garlic and soften for a few minutes. Add chillies and carrots and continue to soften for a few more minutes.
- Remove the charred soft red peppers from the oven and carefully add to the saucepan; stir well. Season with salt and pepper, then add vegetable stock.
- Bring mixture to the boil and then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until veg is soft.
- Blend mixture with a hand blender until smooth. Enjoy!
This is delicious. I made this as a starter on Valentines Day for my girlfriend and she loved it. It is delicious. The chilli gives it a real kick and the carrot makes it tangy. I did not put the garlic in. It's so easy and quick to make and I can foresee us eating this more often. And it's quite healthy too! - 15 Feb 2014
Tried this soup and was bowled over by it. It has become the most sought after soup in the house. The granddaughter will say making soup today granddad, and I will ask, which one will I make and she will shout the carrot one!!!!! I will give it 10 out of 10. Do yourself a favour and make this soup you won't regret it - 06 Jan 2014