2 people made this
About this recipe:
delicious and very easy Estonian kringel.
Makes: 1 kringle
DOUGH : 600g plain flour
1 tsp salt
250ml warm milk
1 satchet of dried yeast
50g melted butter
2 egg yolks
1 tbls sugar
FILLING : 150g softened butter
15 tbls caster sugar
6 tsp ground cinnamon
- Mix the yeast and sugar with the lukewarm milk and let it sit a few minutes while the yeast bubbles and foams up
- Add the egg yolks, the melted butter, the flour and the salt, then knead the dough and shape into a ball
- Place the dough in a large, greased bowl, then cover and place in a warm space and let rise until doubled in size (about 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 200°C (about 400 degrees Fahrenheit). Dust your work surface with flour, and roll the dough out to a thickness of 0.5cm.
- Spread the melted butter across all of the dough, then sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture
- Roll up the dough, and using a knife, cut the log in half length ways.
Twist the two halves together, keeping the open layers exposed.
- Give a round shape, then transfer to a baking tray (buttered or covered with cookie sheet).
- Top the remaining butter and sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon mixture. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C (350 degrees Fahrenheit) after 5-10 minutes to stop it burning
Write a review
Click on stars to rate