1 person made this
About this recipe:
Simple and easy biscuits, to which you can add any toppings you wish. I like to add children's sweets. You could also add dried fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, etc.
150g plain flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons golden syrup
150g caster sugar
2 packets Smarties®, or topping of choice
Extra time:2min cooling ›
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Sieve flour into bowl, then add oats. Then add bicarb and stir, until all combined.
- In a small pan add butter, milk and golden syrup, and place over medium heat. When all the butter has melted add sugar and stir.
- Once all combined in the pan add to oat mixture and stir until all mixed.
- Spoon out onto trays about eye-size and push Smarties® on top gently. Place a couple of centimetres apart.
- Put into oven for 10 minutes. If using a gas oven, swap shelves halfway through.
- Take out of oven and leave them to sit onto the tray for 2 minutes then use plastic fish slice to get off the trays and leave to cool.
- Once cool they are ready to serve and eat!
If they are too hard when you have taken them out the oven leave them out overnight, then by morning they should've softened up.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate