2 people made this
About this recipe:
Make and taste the best recipe made by my Mummy and Nanny.
2 1/2oz Plain Flour
Pinch of Salt
1/4pt milk and water mixed
2 Beaten Eggs
Icing Sugar (optional)
1/4lb plain dark chocolate
1 small tin of evaporated milk
Extra time:45min cooling ›
- But the butter and liquid into a saucepan over a low heat until the butter melts.
- Then raise the heat and rapidly bring to the boil.
- Take off the heat and pour in the sifted flour and salt. And stir quickly with a wooden spoon until the flour has been absorbed by the liquid.
- Then beat until the dough is smooth and comes away from the side of the pan.
- Cool pastry slightly then beat in the eggs a little at a time. Pre-heat the oven 210C.
- On a well greased baking tray; using a teaspoon to make dollops of dough spaced evenly on the tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes until well risen puffed and crisped.
- If the profiteroles are not thoroughly dry after 15 minutes reduce the heat to 180C and continue for another 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- When cooled split the buns not quite in half and fill with whipped cream. (You can add icing sugar to the cream for a sweeter filling).
- Melt the chocolate over a pan of hot water and beat in the evaporated milk thoroughly.
- Arrange the filled profiteroles and pour over the cooled chocolate sauce and serve.
- 01 Feb 2015
Lovely. World, you should try it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 13 Apr 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate