Traditional salad nicoise
- For the vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch dried rosemary (optional)
- For the salad
- 2 small hearts of romaine (cos) lettuce
- 1 (200g) tin tuna in brine
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 12 pitted black olives
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 6 anchovy fillets
- a few sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
Prep:15min › Ready in:15min
- Combine all vinaigrette ingredients and whisk well.
- Arrange lettuce leaves in a circular pattern on a serving platter. Sprinkle with the drained tuna, then the onions, olives and sliced peppers. Arrange the egg halves in a symmetrical pattern around the edge of the salad, then do the same with the tomatoes. Make a 'star' in the centre of the salad with the anchovies.
- Drizzle the salad with the vinaigrette right before serving. Sprinkle with parsley.
A gorgeously simple salad! Love the video too. I served this over the bank holiday and guests loved it. Thank you - 07 May 2013
Rated on 30 May 2013