1 / 1 Picture by:
Steak and Kidney Casserole
- 3 tablespoons of plain flour, seasoned with salt & pepper
- 750g ( 1 1/2 lb) of steak and kidney mix
- 1 tbsp of seasme oil
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, cut in bite size pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 sprigs of parsley, torn roughly
- 280ml of tomato passata or pasta sauce
- 125ml of red wine
- 125ml water
Prep:10min › Cook:2hr › Ready in:2hr10min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C / gas mark 4.
- Coat the steak and kidney mix with seasoned flour completely.
- Gently heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook onions until tender.
- Remove from the heat, mix with meat and parsley in oven-proof casserole dish.
- Pour passata or pasta sauce on top of meat mix, followed by water, red wine, garlic, and carrot. Do NOT stir at this stage.
- Cover with aluminium foil and place lid on top.
- Place in pre-heated oven for 2 hours to cook. When time is up, remove from oven and stir well.
- Serve immediately with mashed potato and steamed green veg.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!