1 / 1 Picture by:
Beetroot and goat's cheese roulade
- For the roulade
- 225g (8 oz) cooked beetroot
- 25g (1 oz) grated onion
- 40g (1 1/2 oz) butter
- 4 eggs, separated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- For the filling
- 140g (5 oz) Greek yoghurt
- 140g (5 oz) goat's cheese
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon prepared English mustard
- 2 teaspoons creamed horseradish
Prep:10min › Cook:15min › Extra time:30min cooling › Ready in:55min
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Line a Swiss roll tray with non-stick baking parchment.
- In a food processor, combine the beetroot, onion and butter until well blended and smooth. Stir in the egg yolks, seasoning and spice.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form, then gently fold into the beetroot mixture. Spoon the beetroot mixture into the prepared Swiss roll tray, season and smooth with a knife.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes until firm. Remove from the oven and turn out onto a clean sheet of baking parchment and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine all of the ingredients for the filling and blend until smooth.
- Spread the filling over the cooled roulade then roll up and trim the edges to be neat. Transfer to a serving plate and slice.
For the roulade:
For the filling:
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!