1 / 1 Picture by:
- 12 slices white bread, crust cut off
- 50g butter
- 1 jar of jam, or to taste
- 75g caster suger
- 200ml milk
- 250ml double cream
- 3 whole eggs, beaten
Prep:20min › Cook:25min › Ready in:45min
- Preheat the oven to 170 C / Gas 3.
- Get your 12 slices of white bread, cut of the crust and cut in half into triangles. Spread the butter on both slices of bread, then spread one side of each with jam.
- Next get a saucepan and combine caster sugar, milk and double cream. Stir well, then heat over medium heat till hot but not bubbling. Remove from heat, then vigorously whisk in the eggs.
- Grease a baking dish. Pour in some of the custard mixture, to just cover the bottom. Add a layer of bread, then pour over more custard. Continue layering, finishing with custard.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until set. You are done!
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!