- 1.5kg goat meat, cubed
- 7 tablespoons all spice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2.5cm piece root ginger, minced
- 3 Scotch Bonnet chillies - seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 2 tins coconut milk
- salt, to taste
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cubed
Prep:15min › Cook:3hr › Extra time:4hr marinating › Ready in:7hr15min
- Cut the meat into chunks and put into a container. Add the all spice, mix and leave at room temperature for a few hours or even overnight in the fridge if you have time.
- Heat a frying pan with coconut oil and add the meat covered in spice. Allow it to brown. Add the onions to the meat, after 5 minutes add the garlic, ginger, chillies and curry powder.
- After another 5 minutes add the tomato purée, coconut milk and salt. Allow this to simmer for a few hours. You can add some water if it’s getting too thick.
- Add the sweet potato 20 minutes before you want to serve. When the sweet potato is soft, the dish is ready.
Obviously you can’t get goat in Tesco, but you can pick it up from a number of local butchers and some will get it in for you the next day if they don’t have any. Alternatively you can always use lamb which has a similar taste.