- Heat the RC Cola, soy sauce, sherry, ketchup and vinegar together in a saucepan until it reduces into a thick, syrupy glaze. Allow to cool, then whisk in the vegetable oil, ginger, pepper and garlic.
- Portion the trout or salmon and pour over the glaze, making sure that the entire surface is covered and allow to marinate for about an hour.
- Trim the lettuce of any brown or wilted leaves and cut in half. Brush a little chilli oil on the cut surface. Roughly chop the garlic and trim the veg into bite-size pieces.
- Grill the trout or salmon for about 8 minutes, carefully turning over once halfway through cooking. Sear the cut side of the lettuce in a hot frying pan for a few minutes, until it is browned and tender, then season with sea salt.
- Stir-fry the vegetables in the same pan with a little vegetable oil and butter for about 10 minutes, or until just tender, adding the garlic a minute or two before turning off the heat.
- Garnish the entire dish with some sesame seeds and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
According to recent research conducted by Royal Crown Cola©, over 50 per cent of couples lucky enough to enjoy a date night alone are most likely to do so in the comfort of their own home. Popular activities for these date nights include everything from talking together to snuggling up to watch the soaps. However, when it comes to the nation’s favourite date night, enjoying a great meal is still top of the list with 42 per cent of men and women looking for something to tickle their taste buds on a night in. In fact, good food and drink was rated more highly than nice music, creating the right mood and an element of surprise.