About this recipe:A cone coxions recipe is another of the many popular Italian desserts that continue to capture the hearts of millions from across the globe. This recipe comes in a cylinder shape and has a taste similar to eclairs. Its taste is greatly enhanced after dipping it into semi-sweet chocolate and sprinkling California almonds over it.
1 large egg 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour ½ cup milk 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 tablespoons butter (unsalted) 1/8 teaspoon salt 1/3 cup confectioner’s sugar 2 tablespoons California almonds (ground) ¼ cup California almond 6 ounces chocolate (semi-sweet) The following equipment are also needed: Pizzelle maker Pastry brush Cone-shaped pizzelle mold
Add to shopping list
Turn this recipe into a shopping list you can print, email, view on your mobile or shop online. It's free! Powered by Whisk.com
1. Prepare a bowl and start mixing the sugar, salt, almonds and flour in it. The eggs, vanilla, milk and about two tablespoons of the melted butter are then added. Mix everything well to produce a batter.
2. After covering the bowl, store the mixture in your refrigerator to chill it for one up to twenty-four hours. Start heating the pizzelle maker. Brush the bottom and top part of the pizzelle mold using two tablespoons of flour and the melted butter.
3. Pour about one tablespoon of the batter into the mold and then cover it. Cook it for two minutes.
4. Peel a pizzelle right away and then wrap it around a cone mold. You should close its tip immediately. Hold the cone for fifteen minutes or until it becomes hard enough.
5. Remove the molds and continue doing the process until you produce around twenty cones. Melt the semi-sweet chocolate in your microwave.
6. Work in placing thick layers of the chocolate within each pizzelle. Sprinkle almonds on top of them and let them cool. You will know that this recipe is already ready for serving if the chocolate hardens up.