- 75g (3 oz) self raising flour
- 75g (3 oz) porridge oats
- 75g (3 oz) sugar
- 75g (3 oz) butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk
Prep:10min › Cook:10min › Ready in:20min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Mix in rolled oats and sugar.
- Melt butter, syrup and milk in a saucepan and stir until heated through. Add to the premixed dry ingredients. Mix until well combined. Spoon onto a baking tray and shape into rounds.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before removing from tray.
Used different ingredients. I used honey instead of golden syrup. - 25 Nov 2008
I was attracted to this recipe for its simplicity.I made one batch adding a handful of Julian Graves omega seed mix. I was so happy with the result I immediately made another lot and reducing the sugar by one oz made no difference to the finished biscuits.Yum! I'm buying another box of oats tomorrow! - 26 Jan 2012
very delicious. Stupidly I tried to do star shapes with my little boy and unfortunately the points burnt. They were a bit too crispy so next time we make it I think we will only bake for 8 minutes. - 13 Apr 2012