Christmas sticky toffee pudding
1 / 1
2 people made this
About this recipe:
Everyone's favourite sticky toffee pudding with a Christmas twist. Always a crowd pleaser and a quick alternative to regular Christmas pudding.
For the cake
130g (4 1/2 oz) dates, chopped
1 level teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
65g (2 1/2 oz) Stork tub
130g (4 1/2 oz) light muscovado sugar
2 small eggs, beaten
200g (7 oz) self raising flour
1 level teaspoon mixed spice
1 dessertspoon black treacle (optional)
For the sauce
200g (7 oz) light muscovado sugar
120ml (4 fl oz) Elmlea Whipping
125g (4 1/2 oz) Stork packet
1 tablespoon brandy, optional
- Place dates in a mixing bowl, add 225ml (8 fl oz) boiling water. Add the bicarbonate of soda and leave for 10 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C / 160 C Fan / Gas 4. While you are waiting, grease a 2 pint pudding basin.
- Place the Stork, sugar, eggs, flour and spice in a mixing bowl and beat together until smooth. Stir in the dates together with the soaking liquid. Pour mixture into the basin and bake for 1 hour.
- To make the sauce, place all the ingredients in a heavy based pan and heat until the sugar has dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the sauce over the pudding. Serve with a large spoonful of Elmlea Whipping if liked.
Amazing, we all had second helpings, truly delicious.
- 26 Dec 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate