Beef and beetroot coleslaw baps
- 4 tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 4 large baps (preferably wholemeal)
- 50g watercress or rocket
- 300g leftover roast beef, thinly sliced
- 200g red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 150g cooked beetroot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 6 tbsp low-fat natural yoghurt
Prep:10min › Ready in:10min
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and mustard. Split the baps in half and spread the bottom half of each one with this mixture.
- Top these bases with the watercress or rocket and divide the roast beef among them.
- In the same bowl as used for the mayonnaise, mix together the red cabbage, red onion and beetroot. Add the yoghurt and stir together to coat. Pile the coleslaw on top of the beef, season with freshly ground black pepper, then put the tops of the baps back on. Serve immediately.
For a horseradish mayonnaise, combine 2 tsp creamed horseradish, instead of the mustard, with the mayonnaise.
I only used the coleslaw recipe for our picnic and it was lovely. Loved the vibrant colours of red cabbage/onion/beetroot. I used a dollop of wholegrain mustard and a little mayo to mix together, worked very well (not keen on yogurt)definitely on the 'to do again' list - 15 Aug 2013
really liked this. very easy to make and it will go with anything i think. i had this with doner meat and will try with burgers, potato salad, leftover roasts etc... - 03 Dec 2009