1 person made this
About this recipe:
Honeycomb without golden syrup! Just some basic ingredients for gorgeous sugary goodness!
300g caster sugar
100g soft brown sugar
3 tablespoons of brown vinegar
3 tea spoons bicarbonate of soda
- Put both sugars, vinegar and butter into a pan.
- Put on high heat, stirring continuously.
- Once all is mixed in (will look like a sugary fluidy mix but fairly smooth) leave to boil (2-4 minutes).
- Once it starts bubbling, mix again and leave to simmer (medium heat) for about 5 minutes.
- Once it has risen slightly and bubbled in the pan, add the bicarb and quickly mix.
- Then transfer into trays lined with greaseproof paper (keep mixing as you pour)
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes in trays.
- Remove from trays and put out on greaseproof paper until cool.
- Break into as many pieces or crumbly bits as you desire!
Write a review
Click on stars to rate