- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a springform cake tin with butter, then sprinkle 50g of the soft brown sugar over the bottom.
- Zest the clementine, then set aside. Slice the flesh of the clementine into thin slices, removing the white pith. Lay the clementine slices in a single layer on the bottom of the prepared cake tin.
- Cream the butter and remaining 100g of brown sugar together until pale. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Add in the flour, baking powder, spices and clementine zest. Pour the cake mixture into the tin, taking care not to disturb the clementine slices.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes, before inverting onto a serving plate.
- Mix the ingredients together for the sweetened creme fraiche. Serve alongside the cake and enjoy!
You can also cook this in the microwave in a silicone cake tin. At step 4, microwave on full power for 3 1/2 minutes (or until set).
Use a mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, etc.