Extra time:2hr chilling ›
- Melt the butter in a pan. Take the butter off of the heat and mix with the crushed digestives. Firmly press the mixture into two cheesecake tins, about 23cm in diameter. Place in fridge to chill.
- Zest and juice the orange and put this to one side for the moment.
- Beat the cream cheese in a bowl then mix in the sugar, orange zest and orange juice. Now mix in the double cream and whisk until thick. Divide this mix and place on top of the bases you have in the fridge.
- Melt the dark chocolate (you may use less than one bar, if desired) and drizzle this over the tops of the cheesecakes in any pattern you would like (circles, stripes, etc.).
- Place back in the fridge and chill till set, about 2 to 3 hours. Just before serving, you can decorate with any additions, such as chocolate curls, chocolate buttons, whipped cream, etc.
The ingredients will make two cheesecakes in a 23cm dish. If you only want to make one, halve the stated ingredients. I also found that half a bar of dark chocolate was enough to decorate both of my cheesecakes.
For a little extra chocolate flavour, drizzle some melted dark chocolate over the base before chilling in the fridge, then top with the cheesecake filling as instructed in the method.