3 people made this
About this recipe:
Great quiche perfect for summer or whenever you want. Full of colourful veg and bacon lardons for flavour. Hope you enjoy.
100g bacon lardons
1 red pepper, seeded and diced
1 yellow pepper, seeded and diced
1 green pepper, seeded and diced
3 spring onions, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 sheet shortcrust pastry
100g grated cheese ( I use mature cheddar)
1 splash milk (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Place the lardons in a frying pan over medium high heat. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, till some fat has rendered, then add the peppers. Cook till soft.
- Beat the chopped onions into the eggs. Season to taste.
- Roll the pastry to fit your flan case. Spoon in the pepper mix, pour over the egg mixture, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or till set and golden brown.
Serve with a fresh salad and herby baby potatoes, great hot or cold.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate