Chewy microwave flapjacks
- 75g (3 oz) butter
- 5 tablespoons light brown soft sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 150g (5 oz) porridge oats
- 50g (2 oz) sultanas
- 50g (2 oz) glace cherries, chopped
- 50g (2 oz) dried apricots, chopped
Prep:10min › Cook:5min › Ready in:15min
- Place the butter, sugar and syrup in a microwave safe bowl and cook on high power for 1 to 2 minutes, or until butter is melted. Stir in the oats, sultanas, cherries and apricots and mix thoroughly.
- Press mixture into a small greased baking dish. Cook on high power for about 5 minutes or until the centre is bubbling. Allow to cool then cut into squares.
Used different ingredients. Honey instead of syrup. Dried cherries and mixed fruit. Added chopped mini marshmallows (by order of my daughter!) - 22 Jul 2009
These are lovely, now i have found this receipe we have them quite often but I only cook mine for about 3 mins in an 850w mircowave. Thank you so much for posting this receipe, - 26 Jun 2011
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They were delicious and barely took any time! I put 2tsp of cocoa powder in and put in 50g/2oz of choc chips instead of the raisins and cherries.I kept in the dried apricots though. Thanks! - 15 Feb 2012