Chewy microwave flapjacks
- 75g (3 oz) butter
- 5 tablespoons light brown soft sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 150g (5 oz) porridge oats
- 50g (2 oz) sultanas
- 50g (2 oz) glace cherries, chopped
- 50g (2 oz) dried apricots, chopped
Prep:10min › Cook:5min › Ready in:15min
- Place the butter, sugar and syrup in a microwave safe bowl and cook on high power for 1 to 2 minutes, or until butter is melted. Stir in the oats, sultanas, cherries and apricots and mix thoroughly.
- Press mixture into a small greased baking dish. Cook on high power for about 5 minutes or until the centre is bubbling. Allow to cool then cut into squares.
These are lovely, now i have found this receipe we have them quite often but I only cook mine for about 3 mins in an 850w mircowave. Thank you so much for posting this receipe, - 26 Jun 2011
Used different ingredients. Honey instead of syrup. Dried cherries and mixed fruit. Added chopped mini marshmallows (by order of my daughter!) - 22 Jul 2009
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They were delicious and barely took any time! I put 2tsp of cocoa powder in and put in 50g/2oz of choc chips instead of the raisins and cherries.I kept in the dried apricots though. Thanks! - 15 Feb 2012