Ana's milch schnitte
Ana's milch schnitte
3 people made this
About this recipe:
I saw this recipe and it looked so good I just had to make it. I recommend this cake with all my heart, it turned up so good that I had to make it again the next day.
Makes: 6 Ana's milch schnitte
For the cake
4 eggs, separated
80g caster sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
2 tablespoons plain flour
2 tablespoons semolina
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
100ml sunflower oil
2 tablespoons honey
1 pinch salt
For the cream
200g condensed milk
6g gelatine powder
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
200ml double cream
Extra time:3hr chilling ›
- Preheat the oven to 160 C / Gas 4. Grease and line two Swiss roll tins.
For the cake:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks with the caster sugar and vanilla sugar and whisk until pale and creamy.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, semolina, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- To the egg yolk mixture add the milk, oil and honey then sift in the flour mixture gradually until smooth.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form, then fold in to the cake mixture. Divide the mixture between the two cake tins.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean and the cake is springy to the touch. Allow to cool completely.
For the cream:
- In a bowl mix the condensed milk with 50ml of the milk.
- Put the rest of the milk in a saucepan and add the gelatine powder, stirring to dissolve over a low heat, then add to the condensed milk. Mix in the honey and vanilla extract.
- In a bowl, whisk the cream until thick then add to the rest of the ingredients. Put the cream in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once the cakes are cool, spread the cream over one of the cakes then very carefully add the second cake layer, using the baking parchment to help you lift it out of the tin and lay it on top.
- Put the cake in the fridge for at least 2 to 3 hours. Cut it into rectangles and it's ready to serve. Enjoy!
Please excuse the quality of the pictures, at the time I made this cake my camera had no battery :). Hope they help!
See it on my blog
See this recipe on cookwithanna.blogspot.com
Write a review
Click on stars to rate