Chilled leek, pear and potato soup
Be the first to make this!
About this recipe:
This cold golden soup with its hint of sweetness is delicious on a summer's day.
2 teaspoons olive oil
225 g (8 oz) leeks, finely sliced
125 g (4½ oz) potatoes, diced
2 dessert pears, peeled, cored and diced
10-12 strands saffron
900 ml (1 pint 12 fl oz) vegetable stock
Salt and black pepper
To garnish: a few snipped fresh chives
To serve: 4 tablespoons low-fat natural yoghurt
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the leeks and potatoes and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until slightly softened.
- Add the pears, saffron and stock. Slowly bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Blend or liquidise the soup until very smooth. Season to taste.
- Cool the soup, then cover and chill for at least 30 minutes, or until required. When serving, swirl 1 tablespoon of yoghurt into each bowl and garnish with black pepper and a sprinkling of chives.
- Variation: serve the soup warm, adding 1 tablespoon of mild curry powder, stirred in at the end of Step 1.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate