3 people made this
About this recipe:
This beef crumble is a family favourite. Great served with a baked potato, Brussels sprouts and sweetcorn.
1 onion, grated
450ml (3/4 pt) water
450g (1 lb) minced beef
4 teaspoons gravy granules
1 paket sage and onion stuffing
60g (2 oz) plain flour
90g (3 oz) grated cheese
75g (3 oz) butter, cut into small cubes
- Place the onion in a microwave safe bowl and add a little of the water. Microwave in 45 second increments until softened. Remove from the microwave and set aside.
- In a dry frying pan over a medium heat, brown the mince until no longer pink, using a wooden spoon to break up the lumps, about 8 to 12 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- In a small bowl, stir the gravy granules to form a paste with the remaining water. Add the onions and gravy to the mince and stir until thickened.
- Put stuffing mix, flour, 60g (2 oz) of the cheese and the butter into a bowl and rub together until it forms a breadcrumb texture.
- Lightly grease a baking dish and then add mince mixture and sprinkle the crumble mix evenly on top, followed by the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes until piping hot and golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate