1 person made this
About this recipe:
The fruit has a lovely soft texture and the crumble is not too crumbly, but not too sticky. Delicious served warm with some ice cream.
150g plain flour
50g butter or margarine
50g rolled oats
50g caster sugar
25g seeds (optional)
500g fruit (e.g. apples, pears)
50g dried fruit (optional)
25g demerara sugar (optional)
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (optional)
- Set the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Place the flour and butter together in a mixing bowl and rub together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the oats, caster sugar and seeds, if using, and mix. Set aside.
- Prepare the fruit by peeling, coring and chopping if necessary. If you are using apples or pears place in a bowl of warm water with a few drops of lemon. This stops the fruit from turning brown.
- Put a pan on the hob at a low temperature and place the fresh fruit inside, add the fried fruit too at this time if using. If you put your fruit in a bowl of water, drain the fruit first.
- Sprinkle the demerara sugar over the fruit. If you are using cinnamon, lightly sprinkle that on now.
- Keep stirring the fruit, but not constantly. Once the fruit is tender, transfer to an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle the prepared crumble mixture on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the fruit is soft and the crumble is golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve warm or allow to cool before enjoying.
Once cut, store in the fridge. If you like your crumble warm, warm it in the microwave.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate