Mushroom and Stilton Tarts
- 1 sheet ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 125g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons white wine
- 125ml single cream
- 2 small eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 125g Stilton, crumbled
Prep:30min › Cook:40min › Ready in:1hr10min
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 C / Gas mark 6.
- Roll out the pastry about to about 5mm thick and use to line 6 mini fluted tart tins (approximately about 6x2cm). Chill the pastry-lined tins in the fridge for about half an hour. Then cover each one with greaseproof paper and blind bake by weighing them down well with some dried beans. Cook for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Sauté the onion until soft. Add the garlic, mushrooms and wine; turn up the heat to medium high. Fry for a few more minutes until they're looking golden, then leave the mixture to cool a little.
- Lightly whisk the cream with the eggs and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Stir in the crumbled Stilton and the mushroom mixture.
- Pour into the pastry cases, leave a little space so they don't overflow while they cook and bake them in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until they're golden on top and solid. Serve warm on a bed of lightly dressed rocket.
I CHEATED ON THIS AND USED A READY MADE PASTRY CASE, I JUST MADE UP THE FILLING AND PUT IT IN, WENT DOWN A TREAT. - 22 May 2010
I made these for a party and they were gorgeous! I only made six and served as starters. Creamy and wonderful! - 04 Dec 2008
We all loved these. Wouldn't change a thing, thank you! x - 23 Dec 2008