- Pre-heat the oven to 140 C / Gas 1.
- Warm a little oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and gently fry the chopped vegetables for about 5 minutes or until the celery has softened and the onions have gone translucent.
- If the fishmonger has prepared the fillets just check that all the bones are out, then lay each fillet on a square sheet of kitchen foil.
- Coat each fillet with a layer of the vegetables and season to taste. Add two tablespoons of lime or lemon juice and one tablespoon of soya sauce to each parcel.
- Carefully fold up the long sides of the foil and fold over the long edges then bend up the short sides to seal the parcel.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes until the fish is tender and flakes easily with a fork. If you want to freeze them and save them for later take them out after about 5 minutes.
Any good white flaky fish will also go well (I have tried it with John Dory in the past). For a bit of extra spiciness try adding some finely chopped chilli to the topping.
To cook from frozen
When you take them out of the freezer, allow to defrost slowly before baking at 140 C / Gas 1 for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender and the flesh flakes evenly with a fork.