1 person made this
About this recipe:
This hoffie cake is easy to make and is a light pudding. Delicious served with ice cream or yoghurt.
150g demerara suger
150g self raising flour
1 dessertspoon runny honey
1 to 2 teaspoons desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a 15cm cake tin and line with baking parchment.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the margarine and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg until smooth then sift in the flour and mix until well incorporated. Spoon into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until risen and golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and while still warm in the tin, pour over the honey and sprinkle with coconut. Leave in the tin to cool complete.
- When ready to serve, remove from the tin using the baking parchment to help you then slice and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate