Crispy Pistachio and Coriander Chicken
1 person made this
About this recipe:
A tasty simple chicken dish, baked with a homemade pistachio and coriander pesto. If your pistachio nuts aren't salted, add salt to taste.
4 chicken breasts, skin-on
150g roasted, salted pistachio nuts, shelled
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
crushed black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Crush nuts with a mortar and pestle into a rough powder. Add olive oil, coriander and pepper to taste. Stir the mixture into a thick paste, add more oil if needed.
- With the back of a spoon, apply the paste to the skin of the chicken evenly.
- Bake in the oven for about an hour, until chicken is cooked and paste has gone crispy.
- Serve with roast potatoes and butter-baked vegetables.
alternatively, for crispier skin, peel back the skin and apply the paste directly to the chicken meat, then lay the skin back over the meat and paste.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate