Traditional treacle tart
3 people made this
About this recipe:
A classic, comforting pud. Using ready made frozen pastry makes this a cinch.
50g (2 oz) fresh white breadcrumbs
150g (5 oz) shortcrust pastry
6 tablespoons golden syrup
1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas mark 6.
- In a saucepan, combine the breadcrumbs, syrup and lemon juice. Heat gently over medium low heat until just melted. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- Roll out the pastry and line a 20cm (8 in) flan or baking dish. Pour the cooled syrup mixture over the pastry.
- Trim the pastry over-hanging from the dish. If you like, you can also roll out the pastry trimmings and cut into long, narrow strips. Arrange the strips in a lattice pattern over the filling.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Serve hot or cold.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate