Potato and horseradish rösti
Be the first to make this!
About this recipe:
Tasty horseradish brings unusual piquancy to these golden brown potato cakes.
400 g (14 oz) floury potatoes, such as King Edwards, peeled and grated
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon creamed horseradish
6 spring onions, finely chopped
Salt and black pepper
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
To garnish: chopped fresh parsley
To serve: 4 tablespoons half-fat crème fraîche
- Squeeze out any moisture from the grated potatoes with your hands, then place them in a bowl. Add the egg, horseradish, spring onions and salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a large, nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Drop eight mounds of the mixture into the pan and press down with the back of the spoon to make 5 mm (¼ in) thick potato cakes.
- Fry the rösti for 2-3 minutes on each side until they are firm and golden. You may need to cook the rösti in two batches to prevent them sticking together.
- Drain them well on kitchen paper. Serve hot, topped with the crème fraîche and garnished with parsley.
- Variation: serve the rösti without the crème fraîche as a potato side dish.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate