1 person made this
About this recipe:
All the flavours of Christmas in a cheesecake. I didn't have time to make a Christmas cake this year so I invented this Christmas Cheesecake, with no baking involved.
1 packet chocolate digestive biscuits
3 tablespoon brandy
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 small tub double cream, whipped
1 tub mascarpone cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, more for dusting
2 heaped tablespoons sweet mincemeat
1 packet marzipan
Extra time:4hr chilling ›
- Place the biscuits in a sealable freezer bag then crush into fine crumbs using a rolling pin. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Once melted, pour over the crushed biscuits and add 2 tablespoons of the brandy and 1 teaspoon ground ginger; mix well.
- Place into suitable size tin and press down firmly on the bottom and around the edges, using a straight glass to smooth it out. Place in fridge for 30 minutes to let it set.
- In a bowl mix the mascarpone cheese with vanilla extract and remaining brandy adding 2 teaspoons of nutmeg. Fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mix until well integrated.
- Remove base from fridge and add 2 heaped spoons of sweet mincemeat to base. Roll out marzipan to size and place on top of mincemeat, getting right to the edge.
- Spoon the mascarpone and cream mix on top, spreading it out evenly or piping it on. Sieve more nutmeg over the top for decoration. Allow to chill for several hours in the fridge before serving. Enjoy.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate