1 person made this
About this recipe:
These fishcakes are fantastic on a budget. I like to make a large batch of around 12 to 14 and freeze them. This recipe is perfect for those who are short of time or cash.
Makes: 12 to 14 fishcakes
250g pollock fillets (fresh or frozen), defrost before use
350 to 400g fresh potatoes
5g fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1 to 2 knobs butter
1 bowl golden breadcrumbs
- Cook the pollock and set aside. The pollock can be poached in milk, fried in a little oil or cooked under a grill until it is evenly white and the flesh flakes evenly with a fork. Set aside to cool.
- Peel the potatoes and boil for 15 to 20 minutes on a low to medium heat in salted water until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile chop the parsley finely excluding the stalks and set aside. Beat a single egg and add a little pepper and set aside.
- Add the parsley and combine the pollock and a little butter to the boiled potatoes and use an electric mixer to whisk until the mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 230 C / 210 C fan / Gas 8.
- When the mixture is cool we can start to form the potato and fish into fishcake shapes by rolling into a ball and flattening in the palm of the hand.
- After you have made a shape commence to lightly brush with the egg and dip the fishcake in the breadcrumbs remembering to coat well.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. The fish cakes may be frozen for up to one month before cooking.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate